Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, January 27, 2017

Cookie Friday: A Collection of our Favorites

Somewhere along my Mommy line, Fridays became designated as "Cookie Fridays." I can't remember it ever not being that way. This has become such a fun little family tradition for us, so I thought I'd share some of our favorite recipes:

These soft, chewy chocolate cookies are prepared in a saucepan instead of using a mixer like a traditional cookie. They are so, so yummy!
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies


 The perfect chocolate cookie, in my opinion =)



Double Cocoa Dream Cookies


 If there's oatmeal in it, it has to be good for you. Right?
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies


These pan, or bar, cookies take no time at all to make, which is perfect for busy Fridays
They are so gooey and rich!
Easy One-Bowl Blondies


If you really want to treat your family, make these!
They're time consuming and make a huge mess, but they are SO worth it!
The creme filling is the real deal, not made with gross fluff.

Whoopie Pies with Real Creme Filling


Since I can't stop thinking about it, I'm going to share something: I was reading in my devotional this morning - something I have NOT been very disciplined with at all lately - and I've been thinking about ever since.
First of all, I am a rule keeper through and through. I may not like or even understand certain rules, but I am consistently annoyed by those who challenge them or fail to abide by them. Believe me, I don't view this as a big plus in my personality, it's just my natural bend. And I struggle with it in every area of my life, as it pretty much affects everything.
Especially how I parent my children.
The devotional mentioned an old fashioned letter seal, the kind where you stamp the wax, which then bears the impression of the stamp, and how our love for Jesus should make a deep impression on our children like that. I think the author used the phrase "affection for Jesus."

And it's like a light went off.

I wondered, do I even have affection for Jesus?
Have I let myself get so bogged down with everyday life- and its problems- that I've kind of lost that affection? Or rather, lost sight of it?
Furthermore, am I showing my kids that I adore and love my Savior? Or am I constantly trying to "teach" them ABOUT his love with rules and explanations and expectations... ?

 Just something to think about! I'd love to hear your thoughts, too!

It's kind of cloudy and chilly here today, but not as cold as it normally is! I'm thinking regular ol' chocolate chip cookies just might be in order for today's Cookie Friday. Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...