Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Updates and Such

I feel like I haven't kept great track of all our happenings lately, so this is going to be one big smorgasbord of our life recently. I know one day I'll want to look back and remember it all.

Shortly after Christmas, I posted this on instagram- all the the sweet things we've gotten or been given for baby boy. I admit I went a little nuts on ebay...and maaaaaybe a few other online boutique stores after we learned we were expecting a him and not a her. This will be my last baby boy forever and he will be the best dressed boy on the planet.

At 28 weeks, I officially made it to the THIRD TRIMESTER! Still battling morning sickness a bit, but what can you do? I'm trying to savor it all regardless.
 
Side view. Large, in charge, quite the barge. Sigh.

Someone's just a tad excited about all this. She won't be my baby anymore.

Just yesterday, nesting mode hit me FULL-ON so this drawer doesn't look like this today. I washed all the light-colored clothes and blankets and burp cloths, and swooned over each single thing as I folded it back up. Smells so good! I can't believe in two months there will be a baby inside these clothes!

Wow, those blue eyes! Each of the boys has different colored eyes- Ethan's are grey-blue, Jonah's are pure hazel with flecks of gold, and Caleb's are dreamy bright blues. I wonder what this guy's eyes will be like! This was actually a horrific day- our beloved Odyssey had been spending too much time in the garage, and costing us too much money, so we made the decision to trade her in. It was really tough because we don't want to get caught up in the idea of "bigger and better," and we wanted to keep our van until the very end. Well I guess the very end came sooner than we'd hoped.

Also, an hour before this photo, I'd been strapped up to monitors at the doctor's office because it had been so long since I'd felt movement. So scary! Hot tears just poured down my cheeks as the nurse tried to find a heartbeat, and finally, she did. I just bawled and bawled in sheer relief, and everyone in the office was so sweet. They had me stay a while after hooking me up to some other monitor, just to be sure. Everything looked perfect. Of course he chose that very moment to resume his usual Olympic movements.

And then, Bill informed me that a co-worker's daughter had lost her four-year long battle with cancer the evening before. She was nineteen years old, their only child. I can't imagine their grief. Needless to say, this was the most emotional car-buying experience of my life.

He's going to be so mad at me for posting these! But hey, when you play with Mom's phone, that's the risk you take, ha. Oldest and youngest...for now. These two have such a special relationship. I love it!


Sunday best.

Jonah had an eye appointment before school, so of course we just had to eat breakfast out. Isn't that what early morning appointments are code for? Excuse my major hat head.

I've been a sewing fanatic these days. Here's Isabelle sporting one of her new fleece hats. So cute!

30 weeks!!!

I'm 31 weeks now, and I'm feeling it. I keep falling asleep on the couch, or in the middle of doing something, I get so exhausted I have to go lay down. The worst is only being able to run errands at one store at a time. I can't handle multiple destinations anymore. And groceries are the worst! I need a nap after making it through shopping and then having to put all the stuff away. Not much longer now, though... eek!

I have a different instagram if you want to follow along there- I post some of these snippets and lots of other things that don't seem to make it to the blog. My username is bethanylivs_life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! I know you are doing a wonderful job raising your children because you are raising Red Sox fans. Relax and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...