Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, August 18, 2014

Maine: Day Two

I hope you had a lovely weekend! We sure did! In my ongoing efforts to post things in a more timely manner, here is Day Two of our Maine trip. All growing up, I always (seriously, always) wanted to walk along the rocks on the shore at sunrise, all the way around the coast. Well, leave it to these two handsome boys to get up early with me and make my dream come true! We had so, so much fun together!


 Grampy goes down to this same store/ fishery every morning to chat with the locals, read the papers, and get his cup o' joe. These two were more than happy to join him.  =)
 There is a sign on the front of the store that reads:
"Unattended children used as bait."
That got a chuckle out of us, but I forget to snap a picture. Darn.


 Heading out for our early morning adventure!

 Flowers growing out of rocks? Yes, please!

 Couldn't you just sit here and daydream for a little while?


 The "tumor" tree - a favorite since, well, forever ago.


 Be kind. Ocean air gives me frizzy hair.












 My mini-me sea-lover
This boy could stay in/at/on/by the ocean forever!

 Church on the Island
When my brother and I were kids, we'd walk or bike up the giant hill on Sunday mornings for church. Then we'd joy-ride around the rest of the island (about 2 miles), cruising up and down, up and down. I don't think I wore a helmet once. I don't think I even owned a helmet! My, how some things change...

Some of our relatives are buried here. Needless to say, there are lots of fishermen and boaters in my family up there, and more than a few have been lost at sea. I think it's sad and kind of tragic, but the rest of my family talks about it like it's the greatest thing ever. Go figure!

I think I shared this before: the school house next to the church where my Dad went as a boy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...