Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Shopping!

I know that the birth of Jesus is the real reason we celebrate Christmas- the very best gift ever given & received!- but I still get as giddy as a five-year-old all Christmas Eve night and into the morning! I love the anticipation of it all, the stillness in the early hours when I'm the only one awake, tiptoeing (I don't know why, it just feels like I should be!) near the tree, slowly lighting candle after candle until the room is all sparkly-glowy...

Then the house-shaking stomp gentle shuffling of ginormous little feet down the stairs, raspy voiced, uncontainable excitement, more candles lit- only these ones are birthday candles sticking out of coffeecake- and we celebrate His wonderful birthday, probably waking the neighbors with our heartfelt kitchen chorus. I cherish those squeals of joy, the heartfelt Thank you's and shared smiles.

But...today I'm talking shopping!

There is a great Holiday Gift Guide on the lovely Casey's blog, We Took the Road Less Traveled, and she has dedicated each day of the week to a specific theme (today's theme is Gifts for the Littles, wink wink). I know I'm trying harder to stay out of the chain stores and instead support local shops and businesses. Go USA! Here are the specific links if you want to take a look:




There are so many talented and creative people all around us, and I've really enjoyed discovering their shops through this Holiday Gift Guide!

Here are a few photos of some new things you'll find in my shop, Rose & Ruffle:


I've got a few marathon sewing shifts ahead of me to get some orders finished, but I'll be back in a few days with a round-up of my favorite Christmas cookies and goodies that I've posted on the blog over the years- they all travel well, are relatively simple & easy, and they make lovely gifts!

I think it's close enough to Friday now to say...
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I was supposed to go Christmas shopping with my MIL today, but just as I was leaving the school called... I am sure you know how that ends. So, my not-really-so-sick girl is here and we are watching Christmas movies instead. Maybe I will get some more ornaments made. I hope you are doing well with your adorable Christmas PJs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...